Friday, November 25, 2011

Quote of the Day

. . . Most of us just want someone to hug us when we're happy or sad, to inhale life's problems, to hold our hand when we get that unexpected diagnosis and to answer "yes" to a question embedded in our soul: "Do you promise to love and care for each other, in good times and bad, in sickness and health, for better or worse, for as long as you both shall live?"

Some of us are lucky enough to have found the partner who loves us enough to say, "I will."

I have a life partner named Becky, my wife of almost 30 years. She helps me breathe after a day of hearing other people's saddest problems, pretends to laugh at my jokes, and walks around the lake without making me say a word, holding my hand.

Why should this be denied to us if Becky were a "Bob?"



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Quote of the Day – October 16, 2011
Minnesota Marriage Amendment: "Wrong and Impractical"
Quote of the Day – October 31, 2011
Talking Marriage Equality This Holiday Season
A Head and Heart Response to the Catholic Hierarchy's Opposition to Marriage Equality


No comments: