Sunday, May 26, 2013

"Then I Shall Leap Into Love . . ."




I cannot dance, Lord, unless you lead me.
If you want me to leap with abandon,
You must intone the song.
Then I shall leap into love,
From love into knowledge,
From knowledge into enjoyment,
And from enjoyment beyond all human sensations.
There I want to remain,
yet want also to circle higher still.

– Excerpted from "Visions of God"


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
"More Lovely Than the Dawn": God as Divine Lover
The Many Manifestations of God's Loving Embrace
The Soul of a Dancer
Seeking Balance
A Dance of Divine Light

Image: Shane Collard and Lazaro Cuervo as featured in Men in Motion: The Art and Passion of the Male Dancer by François Rousseau.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How very beautiful and poetic. I love the connection you made between words and the picture.